Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Rantings. . . .

Installed SuSE 9.1 personal edition on the laptop to test around with. I was having problems getting the X server working with Mandrake 10.1 under VMWare. From what I can see, SuSE is pretty nice. I've been forced to use KDE as GNOME wasn't on the CD I got, but it hasn't been too bad. Overall, it's a really nice distro. . . probably be nice to get the full CD set to do a better comparision, but looking good so far.

Less than a week until Christmas and I haven't started my Christmas shopping, haven't done any preparations for Christmas. . . not that I don't have any Christmas spirit or anything like that. Christmas, for me anyways, is starting up awfully late this year. It's been pretty hectic with the new job, commuting back and forth. . . being pretty much broke doesn't help either. Anyways, I start my shopping tonight. Good thing my shopping list is short!

I know I mentioned it before, but my sister and my mom keep on pestering me about it. My sister was asking me when I was going to bring my bed down to her house. As much as my sister wants me to be "at home" at "her house", "her house" is not "my house". If I moved my bed over, where would I sleep when I went "home". I've given up on trying to impress this point on them, they don't listen to me anyways. Along the same line of thinking, I haven't told them I'm going "home" on the 27th, after all the Christmas family stuff is officially over. Figured I'd try to avoid as much of the flack as possible.

Actually, they shouldn't be surprised. After all, I've been spending after-Christmas with friends for years now. My sort-of adopted tradition of watching the world junior tounament over the Christmas break stems from me being at my friend's house and watching the games with his family. My mom always hated my friends. I'm guessing stuff like this was part of it.

Anyways, GO CANADA!

By Ming - 1:51 p.m. |

Comments:
How the shit do you pronounce 'suse' anyway?

Is it like 'suzie'?

Is that the name of the lizard thing?
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger