Friday, December 10, 2004

How you could have gotten rich in 2 years..

If, 2 years ago, you had borrowed $1 million USD, and just put it in a French bank account, where they pay 5% interest (this is legal as long as you declare it on your taxes), between the interest earned and the change in value of the Euro over the US Dollar, you would have earned a 50% return on investment.

And back then, when the Euro was worth $.90USD, I did have the thought that it would go up...

Damn.

By al - 1:43 a.m. |

Comments:
My friend used to have money in a German bank hoping this same thing would happen. I wonder if he took it out before this. If not maybe I should use him for money advice from now on.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger