Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Memos: Totally Missed Another Boat Edition

  • I finally got to watch the first few episodes of “Six Feet Under” today. Obviously it's way too earlly to make a judgment call on a TV series that people have been obsessing over for 4 seasons now, but the one thing I did notice was that I laughed at all the parts that were supposed to be dramatic. (I think they were anyway..) I just find the entire show hilarious. Another thing I noticed was that all of the major characters were introduced in terms of a sexual encounter they had. The mother by confessing to an affair, the brothers by one being gay and the other having sex in an airport, and the girl by getting mixed up with a slightly derranged schoolmate. The traditional way of introducing a character was to show him or her doing his or her hobby or job.. but I have a feeling sex will be the main hobby of most of these characters. I can hardly wait..
  • I took my dog for a long walk on Sunday, when it was raining and muddy.. had a great old time letting her off the leash in the park and chasing her around though. As much as she slips and slides on a hardwood floor she has a fair bit of grip on wet grass, unlike me. So it was interesting. I think she was a bit irked that I wouldn't let her in the house until I cleaned the buckets of mud from her feet, though. She's getting groomed tomorrow, I almost hate to think what she'll look like when she's not a shaggy sheep-looking thing.
  • I got a version of J.S. Bach's Flute Sonatas done by Jean Pierre Rampal (Amazon link). It doesn't happen often, but really, really good music will cause shivers to go up and down my spine. This is the first piece of music for which that's happened to me in a quite a while.
  • I highly recommend going to Cora's and getting one of their pile-of-fruit-on-a-plate breakfasts, they're the perfect antidote to gray winters. Perhaps it was the great company I went with, but it really did me good :)

By al - 1:03 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger