Sunday, December 19, 2004

Memos: Do I Have a Job? Edition

  • Had an absolutely amazing holiday dinner with some people from work at the Interlude CafĂ© here in Charlottetown. The courses were a special world-sampler deal, and it was amazing.
    • coconut chicken soup (thailand)
    • asparagus crab salad (japan)
    • pork + cabbage stuffed xmas wraps (chinese)
    • pineapple drizzled ginger shrimps (philipines)
    • green tea pudding (taiwan)

    Had to be the biggest shrimp I've ever seen, the kind that stare you down before you work up the nerve to tear it out of the shell and eat it. And the green tea pudding was like nothing I'd ever had before, it came in this little cup, little delicate looking jello-type pieces with honey on top. The smell alone made me smile unconsciously.

    They also have almond milk tea now which is just about the perfect thing to warm you up after a long walk in the cold trying to tire out your ridiculously energetic dog.

  • Speaking of dogs, got Rowena back from the groomer on Wednesday, we decided to trade the mop for a faux-whippet thing. Poodles with really short hair are actually really nice looking dogs. She seemed to be pretty displeased with the loss of her extra size, spent the next day sooking on her blanket and not doing anything. She seems OK with it now, though.
  • Went to a house warming party for someone at work, I'm left to wonder if I'll ever have a nice place like it, it's one of those older houses in Charlottetown that can be had for a pretty good price and just need some fixing up. (and by ‘some’ I mean ‘lots’)
  • Funniest joke I've read in a long time:
    Q: Why do lobsters make good pets?
    A: Because they don't bark, and they know the secrets of the deep.
    Came from Roger Ebert's review of the Spongebob Square Pants movie, which is so full of innuendo that basically the entire movie had me saying to myself “Did that just happen?”
  • I'm currently reading Pangea Software's Ultimate game Programming Guide for Mac OS X. It's quite useful so far, lots of techniques that aren't obvious or trivial that come in quite handy. I'll post a full review after I finish and apply a few of the tricks they describe in the book.

By al - 2:40 p.m. |

Comments:
wow, reading that list makes my mouth water.

...and do you have a job?
 
So far...

And yeah, I saw the menu beforehand and I couldn't wait.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger