Friday, December 10, 2004

Napoleon Dynamite is hilarious.

I don't know how it is that I haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite until tonight. It's one of those movies that are marketed almost precisely to my demographic, kids in their 20s who are still baffled by how they survived high school with their sanity intact.

The unique thing about this movie is the absolute lack of attempt to make you like any of the characters. Willfully clueless to social norms and even basic human interaction, you sort of think "my god was I ever even remotely this awkward looking to other people?"

You don't get the luxury of a sanitized, just-a-nice-guy-who's-misunderstood movie version of the high school loser, you also get the rude, anti-social, actively apathetic and generally hard to like distorted mirror showing what a kid with no friends and a supremely odd family can be like.

I love it, but it's almost scary how well it pinpointed me as a target market.

By al - 1:23 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger