Wednesday, December 08, 2004

50 Facts

This is inspired by Kayla's post over at the Fem-Tube. Let's get started.
  1. I can't drive, so I walk everywhere.
  2. I think nothing of walking for an hour to get somewhere.
  3. I had a cat for 21 years and never gave her a name. (Kitty was her de facto name.)
  4. My cat is the only thing I know I loved unconditionally.
  5. I read newspapers obsessively, but find the writing terrible.
  6. I refuse to use the word 'contact' as a verb. (Nero Wolfe fans represent!)
  7. Christmas and my birthday both depress me, not because of getting older or anything, just the idea that I'm obligated to do something on that day for no real reason other than because people normally do such things.
  8. I believe in God on some level.
  9. My favourite show as a kid was Wonderstruck on CBC.
  10. I even got the Wonderstruck book filled with Kitchen Demo science experiment ideas you could do at home.
  11. I don't know anything about cooking pastries beyond following boxed instructions.
  12. I still have nearly all of my university textbooks on my bookshelf.
  13. I've gone back and read the un-assigned portions of at least 4 of them.
  14. My favourite computer that I've ever owned was my Apple IIGS.
  15. I still think that Super Mario Bros. 3 was the pinnacle of interactive entertainment.
  16. I very easily get mild crushes on older, smarter women.
  17. I never know how to address my friends' parents.
  18. At university I always ate roughtly the same thing every single day for breakfast: one orange juice, one milk, one cranberry juice, 2 fried eggs over hard, french toast or pancakes or whatever they had that day and bacon or sausage if they had it. Then a cup of coffee afterwards.
  19. I make better coffee than most people, but have a high tolerance for bad coffee if I'm just after caffeine.
  20. I've read everything I could find by Dostoyevsky.
  21. I read the Hobbit when I was seven and it scared the bejesus out of me.
  22. ... especially gollum.
  23. I hated gollum so much that my skin crawled every time he was on the screen in the movie and all I could do the entire time was hate him with every ounce of my strength, the comic value of his antics was completely lost on me.
  24. Raphael was my favourite ninja turtle.
  25. Of the four ninja turtles' namesake artists, Leonardo da Vinci would b emy favourite.
  26. I've never been west of Ontario or south of Boston.
  27. I hate airports.
  28. When I look at myself in the mirror the way the bathroom light hits the hair on my temples it looks like I'm going grey, which has me constantly paranoid.
  29. I just corrected the spelling of 'grey' in the above post from the incorrect 'gray' to the correct, Canadian 'grey'.
  30. My favourite bugs bunny characters are Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn, perhaps because of their ambiguity as either heros or foils.
  31. I laugh uncontrollably at funny cartoons, to the point where people thought I was having a seizure.
  32. I love little babies, until they get old enough to talk, then they make mer nervous.
  33. I was the only one of the 'smart kids' in my grade 6 class who didn't try out for band. By grade 9 all of the guys except 1 and nearly all of the girls had quit.
  34. I learned to play guitar on my own and ended up being more into music than nearly all the band kids, but never got school credit for it.
  35. I always cheer for Brazil in the world cup, but pay no attention to soccer at any other time.
  36. I was offered a scholarship at UPEI but turned it down because I was sick of PEI.
  37. PEI was the last place I expected to end up back working after University.
  38. It's not so bad.
  39. I won't remember a person's name until I hear it at least 3 times.
  40. I would rather read a non-fiction book on any subject than a novel most days.
  41. My sister and I had a horse when I was a teenager.
  42. I was a better natural rider than she was, but she was the one who really loved doing it, and I eventually backed off so she could be the one to go to competitions and things.
  43. I have a birthmark on my left hand palm. It's how I used to tell my left from my right when I was a kid.
  44. No matter how I eat or exercise I never gain or lose any weight.
  45. My favourite food is Pogos and / or pasta with cream sauce.
  46. I've never liked ketchup.
  47. I've been able to use chopsticks since I was 10.
  48. My favourite band is Queen.
  49. There is nothing hanging on my walls at the moment, but I have 5 posters rolled up in my closet, but I can't be arsed to put them up.
  50. I love my job.

By al - 8:02 p.m. |

Comments:
Come on, Al. Raphael is totally fence sitting.
 
Nero Wolfe fans reprazent yo! Woo!
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger