Tuesday, May 09, 2006

E3 musings

So Sony's taking a page out of the Xbox playbook. They're launching with a base model and an extra tasty crispy edition. I just find that amusing after they said the MS way fractures the user base.

$659 CDN for the uber-edition? Guess what I won't be getting for xmas. I don't even own a 360 or PSP. With each successive console they price themselves out of market share. C'mon. No sane parent's going to buy little Johnny that much love. I'll wait for the inevitable price wars or a game that compels me to buy the system. Whichever comes 1st.

The PS3 boomerang controller is gone. Awesome. The traditional Dual Shock design is back - minus the shock. Not so awesome. Dammit. Just pay Immersion for its patents already.

So the rumbly is gone and replaced with a motion sensor like MS\Logitech used. Which no one gave a crap about because there were no games that really made use of it. I suspect the same thing will happen here.

And its wireless. *sigh* I'm not so clumsy that I contantly trip over my cables. That and I hate batteries, no matter how long they last.

By TVT - 12:53 p.m. |

Comments:
I put rechargable batteries in my 360 controller months ago and I haven't had to recharge them yet. Granted, I haven't been playing video games much, but I finished unlocking most of DOA4 plus the occassional couple of hours here and there is pretty good.

You'd be surprised what parents will buy their kids for Christmas. Consumerism has turned Christmas into a farce... have you seen how much money is sunk during the Christmas season year-over-year for the past few years? It's absolutely scary.

Nice to hear about the controller. The boomarang idea was a bit questionable.

There's still no must-have game for the 360. I got it for DOA4. It's been 3 months and nothing else interesting has come out since.

That said, Jody went out and got one the other day. Still trying to figure out why.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger