Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Preying on Hopes and Dreams

Well, they were true to their word I'll give them that. The Conservatives just halved the immigration fee. I'm getting 400 bucks back. Big frigging whoop. I've also got a brain between these two ears.

- no increases to visas granted each year (there are quotas)
- no increase to the immigration department or more staffing
- decreased entry fee
- 400,000 applicant backlog

Remember. The fee contributes directly to Immigration's funding. Gotta pay for plane trips, hotels, long distance calls, meetings with heads of state and all that international wheeling and dealing.

And that my friends is a nice little recipe for disaster. I'm lucky to be near the end of the queue. I shudder to think what future Canadians will have to put up with.

Most folk on the immigration boards I visit are quite happy. As they should be. But let's be realistic. Nobody up in Ottawa thinks before making policies.

And the Liberals promised 700 million in funding and scrapping the fee altogether before they fell. And I got a bridge to sell.

By TVT - 6:16 p.m. |

Comments:
Hey someone else understands this idiocy. Nice.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger