Sunday, February 26, 2006

10 things I still own from days gone by

1) the sweat shirt I made in grade 8. It is filled with wholes and paper thin from being washed too many times.
2) several dragons figurines. I have one that my friend Jessica gave me all in blue, One an old friend Russell gave me for my 17th birthday. Russell you should show your self. One dad pained back in grade 6, One Melissa gave me and many more.
3) a black shirt with a flower pattern on from and white pocket dots on the back. I have had this shirt since I lived in Chatham New Brunswick, meaning I have had this since at least grad 2. I cannot explain its survival but I love and still where it to day. Then it was like a night gown, now it fits as it should. My little sister absolutely hates it, but that's her problem
4)A series of scrap books I made in grade 9, 10, 11, and 12. I keep them at my parents, but I know mom will have me take them here soon. Not that I don't want them I just need to figure out where to put them. They capture the finest portion of my life.
5)A collage I made up of hundreds of pictures, all cut up. It still remains unfinished, but like the scrap books I have attempted to capture my life as a teenager. My sister always dislike the parts that included the swim team stuff, but as I said then it was my life not hers.
6)Binders and binders filled with a story Melissa and I were working on in grade 8 and 9. These binders include short out takes of the story, drawings Melissa drew, poems, and character sketch and about 4 or 5 attempts at the opening of the story.
More than anything it is filled with hundreds of memories.
7)An old pick knit blanket. This has been around since I can remember, it rarely get to the bed, but has been used as a wrap on cold nights.
8)A cross stitch of a dragon I started when I was in grade nine and finished in university. It depict a very colorful dragon wrapped around a castle. There was a lot of hours when into it and now it is hanging on the wall in the living room.
9)The Jogging out fit for the greenwood dolphins. The thing does not fit anymore. But I have kept this all these years and will probably keep it until it is moth eaten and beyond all hope of help.
10) A recorder (instrument). It seemed for a while I was destine to play the instrument. Being a military child we moved schools a lot. In grade 2 was my first introduction to it, grade three my second, grade four my third. By grade six I joined a record club and started to try and play more seriously. I don't' play much anymore, and when I do, I normally pick it up and play "hot cross buns" or "Mary had a little lamb".

By Sabrina - 4:13 p.m. |

Comments:
It's amazing.

I have nothing. None of it made it.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger