Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bake sale

I a may have mentioned on a previous post that I am doing the Terry Fox Run this year. As a team me and several people from the place are working on raising money for the event and I suggested a bake sale. I got elected to sit at the table for the flea market today.

we did well. Several of the people from work brought in goodies to sell. One girl brought in some books to sell. All was well. Except I got left from 11 am till 3pm by myself to sell.

I think everything went really well all tolled, we raised about $80 for the event and still have a few thing left over to sell at work tomorrow. Hopefully they will buy it up and we can enjoy the earnings.

The flea market however is a place where humans gather and truly the worse of people can come out. One mother yelled at her child not to buy some carrot cake because the mother felt the child did not like it. Lady give the child a break, let her try it if she wants. Several people told me that I should be selling things cheaper or differenltly...Come on people the event is for charity. My favorite where those who wanted to get bargains. The cookies where 25 cents each. There were pushers and yellers, snobs and all kinds.

I should mention as well all the sweet people entered in this event to. They walk around with smiles on their faces, will to give up a dollar or two for charity. The little old ladies and men tell me often how good everything looks as they buy them, cause they don't bake anymore. Younger teens are all two willing to help out by buying something sweet.

Perhaps it is in the mist of all this chaos, the flea market, that one can find all the shadows, colors and glimmers of humanity. For me I found a lot of people both nice and mean, and some help for my worthy cause.

By Sabrina - 6:44 p.m. |

Comments:
Trying to bargain for a deal on charity cookies?

You should have brought a squirt gun with you for such occasions.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger