Friday, August 05, 2005

Computer Upgrades

As the house is nearing completion and I have a better idea what my cash reserves will look like, I decided to do some purchases. Yay! Being able to spend money has been a luxury for the past couple years, so when I can do a bit it to acquire new stuff, it's exciting.

I've been meaning to get one for years! So I got two! I'm not too sure why I never made it a bigger priority, it made sense to have (at least) one. I think it was the fact that when I was in Summerside, I rarely had power problems. There's been several power interuptions lately at my sister's place (the last one was enough to trip mess up the computer but not turn it off. . . really strange) and I said that's it. I got 2 UPS units, one for the server and the other for the box next to it. Managed to get the router and ADSL modem on standby power so hopefully people can reach my server when the power's out. I guess it's the thought that counts.

Also picked up a 1GB USB flash drive. It's awesome being able to carry around that much storage and just be able to plug it into a computer and go. I have a 128MB stick from work and after borrowing that a few times for personal use, I knew I had to get one. Of course, 128MB isn't great for the types of files I generally deal with on a daily basis, so 1GB should be fine for now. . .

Planning to finally fix the Celica soon. I'm really looking forward to that!

By Ming - 11:12 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger