Saturday, January 01, 2005

Memos: Happy New Year Edition

  • OK, after taking a fair few pictures I have come to the conclusion that 4 megapixes is a ridiculous amount of resolution for all but the pictures you plan on having framed and put on your wall. Each picture I take I end up having to load them into GIMP, crop out about a third of the picture and then reduce what's left by about half just so it will all fit on my screen, let alone be web-postable.
  • Had a good New Year's Eve at Kim and Jamie's place last night. Kim's punch was as good as last time, but different. And I ate way too much junk food, since there was tons of it just sitting right there, and I never normally eat candy so I felt like a kid again. Ming et. al., you suck for not coming. No excuses. Luckily I thought to look at my watch at one point, and it said just 2 minutes to midnight, so Kim gets all excited and turns to CBC for the countdown. Turns out my watch was slow, and we were lucky enough to catch the final countdown at 7. CBC had pretty much the least exciting New Year's programming I'd ever seen them do. They just showed a bunch of clips from Just for Laughs, and then showed the movie Chocolat. Now that's excitement.
  • I just realized I'm probably going back in to work this next week. Boourns.
  • Memo to Chantal: Get to the blogging, missy. We haven't heard from you since you got back to Canada and Sabrina's worried you were still in Asia and got swept away by the tsunami.
  • Going up West again today, for the extended family new year's gorge-yourself-and-sit-and play-cards social event of the year. w00t. It funny, I wonder who will take over the duty of organizing all this nonsense after the three matriarchs that are my grandmother and her sisters. I really can't imagine any of my aunts giving enough of a shit to bother, and my mother certainly wouldn't. Oh well, perhaps I'll actually try and enjoy it in that case.

By al - 7:49 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger