Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Memos: Winter Wonderland Edition

  • Along with the usual selection of sweaters (like I needed any more of those) and dress shirts that I got for xmas, my cousin made the excellent choice of Looney Tunes - Golden Collection, Volume Two. Along with Golden Collection, Volume One which I bought for myself last year, I now own over 120 Looney Tunes shorts. This means I never need to watch any other TV again. Awesome. Also, if I ever have kids, this may be the only thing I'll want to let them watch.
  • I watched the Spongebob Squarepants Movie again, and I was amazed at home many jokes they lifted directly from the first season of “Ren & Stimpy”, aside from many gags that were lifted straight from the R&S scripts, Spongebob also used the famous John K. technique of showing a gruesomely detailed still shot of a character's face. The facial expressions were one of the best parts of the movie, much more attention to detail than you usually see in the TV show. Best line of the movie, by Mindy the Mermaid to Spongebob and Patrick: “close your eyes ... and I'll turn you into men.&rdqou; Amazing what they can sneak by.
  • Just ordered this Kodak Easyshare CX7430 4.0MP Digital Camera along with an SD memory card that will work with my Toshiba Satellite's SD / SmartMedia built-in card slot. God bless boxing day sales. Many pictures of dogs and snow shall surely ensue shortly. You have been warned.
  • Along with the memory card slot, I'm on a quest to use all of the neat features that came with my laptop that I haven't ever had anything to use it with. Just this week I dug out my old Palm m100 (still a great little PDA) and got Hotsync working over the infrared IrDA port. W00, no more stupid dock to drag around. I might actually end up using my Palm for real work. Next up: firewire, possibly an external DVD burner (or maybe in iPod if any of my promised bonuses from work materialize).
  • My cousins have a half-chihuahua half-terrier which recently had puppies from a chihuahua. The result is the single most adorable, tiny little dog who can sit right on your shoulder and snuggle into your armpit to sleep. I'm in love. My sister took a picture with the little guy on my shoulder, I'll try and get it scanned and post it.
  • My god I love Christmas dinner at my grandparents' place. The one time of year I get to have goose, probably my favourite kind of meat, but that might be because it's from a farmer down the road instead of grown in a factory, featherless, beakless, in the dark and sitting in its own shit like most chicken you get these days. I also need to start cooking with turnips and parsnips more often. I think I'm officially grown up now, as I was definitely looking forward to the dinner moreso than presents. Christmas eve dinner is also a big deal with my family, we always have lobster casserole, along with scallops and salmon and really good noodles that my aunt makes. God I can't wait till next Christmas.

By al - 7:25 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger