Monday, April 02, 2007

Griffin iMic quick first impressions

I love this little guy. Normally with my el cheapo Dell laptop that work makes me use, when you plug in earphones you are bombarded with noise from the computer's electic-field heavy devices. When the hard drive was accessed you'd hear clicking noises, when the CD was spinning you just heard a constant buzzing sound. Now the iMic puts the sound hardware outside of all the noise and interference from the computer itself, and sound is crystal clear. For $20 on Ebay I get the sound improvement you wouldn't see without paying another few hundred dollars for a higher-end laptop.

I'll talk about the recording capabilities later, but I imagine it will make podcasting a much simpler affair, since you can patch in your own sound cables etc. As long as Audacity cooperates, anyway.

Labels: , , ,

By al - 11:02 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger