Friday, December 01, 2006

Technical Problems

A power failure occurred sometime last night. It was long enough to drain the UPS my server was connected to, so it was off when I woke up. Bad news, the machine won't boot anymore. I get the video card BIOS screen, but that's it. It's not a HD failure as it doesn't even show the BIOS screen. Main board or BIOS error probably. I'll have to disassemble the machine to find out. That said, all the graphics that this page hosts won't work for a while. I won't get a chance to work on it until after work at least.

I've been wanting to do a board and processor upgrade on that machine. I just didn't think it would happen like this.

By Ming - 8:39 a.m. |

Comments:
I took a look at the machine during lunch. It doesn't look good. Looks like the server's toast; it has power, but it won't even load the BIOS. I'm going away for the weekend, so the server will be down until Monday and probably later.

Probably end up salvaging what I can of the hardware and trying to retrieve what I can off the hard drives next week. Then try to find parts for a new computer.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger