Friday, April 01, 2005

Wasting Time at Work

Yeah, I added the "Post a Message" to the side bar. Figure the side bar would be a good place for it; out of the way yet still usable. I'm hoping it works.

As for work, I should be documenting how I fixed some guy's stupid memory leak. Honestly, memory management systems like garbage collection in Java help make huge memory leaks in C/C++. When I realized what the guy was doing, I was like WTF??? Setting a pointer to NULL does not deallocate memory! Stupid Java programmer. Of course, my supervisor requested I write a document as to why I'm doing the change. Anyone who has read my technical essays will know I'm going to bash the poor sap (in the most pleasent terms of course) that he's an idiot. All in a day's work I guess.

By Ming - 1:18 p.m. |

Comments:
I used to think that C++'s memory management was complicated, but really just deleting everything you create is simple and straightforward. On the other hand, Objective-C's concept of object ownership, where you can transfer ownership of some piece of memory between classes and have manually tracked reference counts and autorelease pools.. well, I'm still trying to figure out how all that shit works.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger