Friday, March 25, 2005

Wonderful Timing

Of course it would happen that on the first night of a four day weekend that I come home to find my laptop's AC adapter cable isn't working. It still runs fine on battery power (with about an hour's worth of juice left) but won't turn on when I remove the battery. Of course it's not the cheap part of the power cable that detaches from the brick that is the problem (tried another one.) it's the part that costs over $100. Once I make this part replacement I'll have officially crossed the “would have been cheaper just to get a Mac Mini” modern Mendoza line of computer maintenance.

But on the bright side I've got a weekend to clense myself of all of this technology bullshit. (as soon as I get off this machine anyway). Perhaps I'll obeerve Shabbat tomorrow. I've been meaning to try baking a kugel.

By al - 5:20 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger