Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Homestar Runner Store are slow but they come through in the end

So before Christmas I ordered a few items from the store at homestarrunner.com. After a long wait I finally received what I ordered, a DVD of the first 100 strong Bad emails (A Christmas present for my dial-up-bound cousin) and the Series 1 set of figurines. They were nice enough to throw in the Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits CD for free as well, so that was nice.

Now, unfortunately they were a little slow processing the order, and between that, the shipping and the wait at the border they ended up missing Christmas. And then when they got here there was a bit of a problem with our friend Homestar.


We didn't do it, we swear! Posted by Hello

But I sent a little email to the customer service address explaining that Homestar had broken in half in the mail, and asked if they wanted me to return it. They replied within a day and said not to worry, they would just mail me a replacement. Now, after another long-ish wait I finally got a little box with the replacement Homestar.



Umm.. what happened to me?


Here's the complete set of Homestar Runner toys.

Addendum: Hello, the blogger photo service that is a poor man's Flickr, has the most completely brain dead user-interface ever. With Flickr I can just email the photos to a special address and they show up on the blog automatically.

With Hello you have to go through a totally convoluted process of installing yet another program, setting up a 'BloggerBot' pretend IM contact that you send photos to, you can only send photos one at a time, and you ahve to sit there and wait for them to individually upload. Also, it uses an embedded Internet Explorer pane to adjust your settings. But since I had disabled most javascript in IE it just didn't respond at all. Now that Yahoo! has bought Flickr and promised more capacity for free users, I think I'll be sticking with it. Much much nicer.
Technorati Tags:

By al - 1:26 a.m. |

Comments:
What!? No Trogdor?

If you're fine with simple photo dumps I guess Flickr is ok, but for finicky freaks like me it su-u-u-cks. Yeah, Hello is a pain, but its free unlimited bandwidth, its works with picasa pretty well and if you upload all your pics into a dummy blog like I do you have more control over how the pics are presented.

Delicious, delicious control.
 
Yeah, they probably know that people would buy Trogdor on his own.

And I would, too.
 
I have a webserver of my own to host my own stuff. I pretty much move stuff on a samba share and it's online. It's nice, but I guess I really can't complain. . . since it's mine to start with. If the server goes down, it's my own damn fault.
 
I used to do that when I was running Linux, but I'd sooner use someone else's bandwidth and power than my own now..

Dummy blog is an excellent idea, if I wasn't dumb I might have even thought of it one of these days.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger