Saturday, February 05, 2005

Memos: Some real memos this time edition

  • Memo to all Nirvana cover bands: If you can't play Lithium properly, get off te fucking stage. Also, Kurt Cobain may have had a reason to not play “Smells Like Teen Spirit” at his shows, but you have no such creative licence to resent your own popularity. So play the hit songs. That's your job, and it's why all the kids payed $6 cover. And while all the supposedly real Nirvana fans will tell you that they hate that song, they're all lying. Every one of them heard that song first, and started liking the band because of it, and everyone knows it.
  • Memo to everyone else at Myron's last night: I don't know if the severe BO problem was me or all of you, but one of us had to go. I decided to be gracious and just go myself.
  • Funny observation about webcam conversations: I think I spend more time looking at the little window that shows myself than I do looking at the other person. I'm not even sure it's out of self-consciousness, rather, I'm suspecting that it may be pure narcissism. Watching myself taking a sip of coffee, thinking "damn I look cool", etc. Sad but I'm OK with it.

By al - 2:43 p.m. |

Comments:
Comment from lil'k, who's having computer troubles at the moment:

"what??...you can watch other people??...guess I didn't notice because I was too busy watching myself tuck my hair behind my ears"
 
As somebody who doesn't have a webcam, I think I can verify that everybody does that. Because even when I'm not typing or they aren't typing they are always staring at the screen.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger