Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Snowed In. . . . Again

Lucky for me, mother nature has been working with me as far as the timing of snow storms. Sunday/Monday storms are nice as I get to stay at home for an extra day. Also, I haven't had the problem of being snowed in while I was at my sister's place (cause that would just suck).

Jody decided to drop by Sunday before the storm hit and we spend most of Sunday and Monday playing D&D. . . which is a lot better than mindlessly surfing the internet.

Called in to work Monday expecting to hear a message that the office was closed. No dice. They closed the office only for the morning. Well, I headed out to shovel the driveway. By the time I was done, it was noon, it mostly stopped snowing however the wind was still blowing lots of snow around. So, I called into work and said I wasn't going to make it in at all on Monday. Then proceeded to make some food and play more D&D.

Perhaps we should have taken the hint when Jody was calling restaurants and no one was answering. The blowing snow stopped mid-afternoon, as forecasted, and we decided to get some food. Several calls and no answers. . . should have thought something was up. Instead, we jump into a car to find food. Bad idea. Although is was clear in front of my house, that wasn't the case two houses down and the car got stuck in a massive drift. As there is only one way out and it was blocked, we dug the car out, drove it back into the garage and continued to play D&D (after I made food at home and did some cleaning up).

They finally cleared my street around 11pm. . . I have to make up the half day I was stuck at home. Looks like I'll be stuck at work for quite a while now.

By Ming - 1:46 p.m. |

Comments:
Serves you right for banking on there being a storm day :)
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger