Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Off to Halifax

Well, this is officially the shortest-notice trip ever. Because of the storm tomorrow (seriously getting sick of these) and because I need to get a fast-tracked passport application I decided to do it today.

Now it would have been nicer to have longer notice that I was being sent to Apple Developer Training in Cupertino, but if it all works out man will it ever be the experience of a life time to visit Apple HQ. One of the guys I might be going with here at work has a couple of contacts within Apple so I'll by lobbying to be taken on a grand tour. Basically the whole week will be:

"can we go on a tour yet?" "can we go on a tour yet?" "I wanna see the purple hall and the giant sphere!" (yes, I can put hyperlinks in my quotes, can't everyone speak in HTML?) Wow do I feel like a little kid thinking about this.

Also hopefully going to Mexico to see my sister Katherine for a few days, and she thought she might fly up during the course from Cabo because she's never seen San Francisco and wants to visit Northern California to see if it's less of a messed-up parallel universe than Los Angeles.

And while the developer training course will be terribly cool, they also want to send me to Apple's World Wide Developer Conference in June. I'll be at the center of the nerd universe for a few days.. it will either make me or break me, I should think.
Technorati Tags: ,

By al - 8:46 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger