Monday, January 03, 2005

Sleep

Al is not the only one feeling the need for sleep. Last night I found myself involved in activities which keep me up the better part of the night. As a result I was in bed late yesterday. But that does not mean I got lots of sleep. Quite the contrary, I managed to get around 3 hours sleep. Making me feel all lazy. I was able to get my self going well enough to finish many of the taste I started the night before keeping me up to the wee hours of the morning, but what should have taken an hour took more like 3. But I was just trying to hold off going to bed so I could sleep this whole night through. On top of my need for sleep I have been suffering from this cough. Others around me have probably heard me say I feel like I swallowed a cigarette and it is caught in my throat. Well that is the cough taste much like ones mouth the morning after drinking at a bar that allows smoking ( yeah for no smoking laws on PEI). The cough is another reason I did not get much sleep the night before. But I was able to locate some cough medicine tonight, which should help stop that, and may even make me drowsy.
Why the hell am I up posting at 1 35 am then? Well I went to sleep around 11 00 pm and was with out a doubt in one of those super deep sleeps that when you wake up from you're not even sure if you were on the same planet. Man I love that kind of sleep. However at 12 :30 the music below started (my neighbors appear to have very pour taste in music, my lack of skills as a music geek are still strong enough to tell me this). They play the favorite thumpy music which really does not need vocals, all you really need is the base guitar solo to be about three bars long and then you can make the CD skip. The same effect would be achieved. The thumpy music hauled me out of my slumber putting me in a rather pissy mood. Now the technique I have in history used to cover noise from down stairs is to put on some New age music, something southing, and usually just loud enough to cover the sound. Tonight I had the uses on music on louder than I would normally play it if I was just listening while I was on the computer.
Now after an hour and doing some thumping on the floor (the music was turned down some)snow removal has finally begun on my street. So I have beeps and thumps keeping me up.
Really I would think that sleep was such a rare thing, or a pleasure only for some. But their always seems to be something stopping me from sleeping. Those of you who are good at sleeping through things, enjoy it, those of us who are light sleepers truly envy you.

By Sabrina - 1:30 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger