Sunday, January 02, 2005

A Bit Too Energy Efficient

I think perhaps it's possible to go a little bit overboard with sealing off every last source of outside air in your house in the Winter. I know it's the latest craze, with everyone overing over their windows with sheets of plastic, sealing up their foundations, closing in their attics.

But today I had such a strange day, I had slept about 6 hours last night, but after I got up this morning I just couldn't stay awake. I'd always be feeling like I wanted to lie down, I'd start reading a book and not be able to keep my eyes open.

After lunch time (though actually come to think of it I didn't eat anything at lunch.. didn't feel hungry) I just went upstairs and started watching cartoons on my laptop while lying in bed. I must have fallen asleep right away, and just slept through the whole afternoon.

I had no idea what was wrong with me, I didn't feel sick, having managed to miraculously avoid catching that awful stomach flu everyone's been spreading around, but I just felt like I had no energy all day long.

As I was making supper today there must have been something fallen inside one of the burners, as it caused that nasty burning smell that everyone loves so much. But it's now 22:00 and I can still smell it pretty strongly here upstairs, so I think that the air in this house must be incredibly stale and oxygen-depleted, with so little circulation from the outside.

Anyway, after opening the windows and sticking my head out for a while, then taking the dog out for a walk in the dark I finally feel like a human being again instead of a half-dead zombie.

I should probably also get some more plants for my room.

By al - 10:51 p.m. |

Comments:
plants in your room also need sun light, other wise you won't be getting that need oxygen.

Curious on that thought. Perhaps you need more sun light. Low vitamin D will also make you lazy feeling
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger