Monday, November 29, 2004

Tried to get help, was refused

Okay today is day 8 of being sick. My cold or what ever it is as given me a fever, two kinds of soar throats and a lot time with my head in a toilet. Plus there has been this whole lack of eating thing. On top of that it has been a cycling cold. I feel really bad one day and like I can handle the world the next (but just barely). Last night was not a good night. I was up all night with the wonders of this cold, soar throat and vomiting and later in the night the development of a cough. Today I thought that is enough, time to get my sick ass to a doctor and get some help.
In Charlottetown there is this new clinic, in is down town and open 9-6 at the friendly pharmacy. Sounds good to me I will go and check it out. Probably take a while but since I don’t have a doctor in town. …
Well here is what happened. I went and there was about 10-15 people a head of me. I figured I would be there for a couple hours at least. NO. It took the doctor about 40 minutes to go through the patients. “Damn it” was my thought, why you may wonder. A doctor going this fast will do exactly what this doctor did.
I got into a little blue room and took over the box of tissue while I was waiting for him. Did some coughing and other sickly related activities. When the doctor came in I was trying not to vomit on him. I am going to paraphrase what happened here.
“Asthma eh!”
“Yeah”
“What do you take?”
I listed off the meds I have been taking for years.
“Let have a listen to your chest. Sounds good to me”
“I know my chest is not the problem I want to keep this out of my chest.” I was scrambling trying to tell him what was wrong before he left. He was writing somethign down and I don't think he heard a word I said.
“I suggest you take more of this particular puffer!”
Then he left.
I was left there starring. “But what about eating, it’s been days since I have been able to hold on to a meal. What about my sinus? You didn’t ask what was wrong! Needless to say I don’t recommend people go to this clinic unless the only thing you are interested in is getting prescription and really don’t care if it is the right prescription.
When I left I felt like I could have walked in with Ebola and he would not have seen anything but the big asthma thing on the top of my chart. So after being to a doctor I have received no help and now beyond being sick I am now very upset. This man was obviously one of those doctors who is in it for the money. One of those smart people who probably was related to the right person and got into med school as a result. I am headed to another topic now so I will stop here.

By Sabrina - 11:07 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger