Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Up and Running. . .

Got the webserver back up and running on the weekend. Getting it back up was quite the hassle and I'm glad I don't have to do it again. . . ever. I rediscovered why I had MDK8.1 install on it before; these newer distros just don't run well on limited hardware, e.g. P-233, 32MB RAM, and 2MB Trident video. How MDK10.0 detected the PCMCIA cards during installation and was unable to find them later is still a mystery to me, but at least the damn thing is working. Hardships aside, getting a clean webserver up and running is somewhat rewarding.

I'm quite surprised at how much computer work I got done over the weekend, while still getting semi-reasonable amounts of sleep. Got most of my todo list done. Didn't quite get the RAID-1 array up, but I did get the partition hell cleaned up. Burning a full DVD in 16 minutes is cool. A few lingering items to do next weekend, but at least the hardstuff is over with. The rest is fun stuff (in a geeky sorta way).

Started assembly on a new computer for Greggu. This thing is nice. Still waiting on a couple of parts, but it should really cool once I'm done. Can't wait to see what it does on the benchmark tests. I should post a couple of pictures when it's finished.

By Ming - 2:52 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger