Friday, November 26, 2004

Computer Filled Weekend. . . .

Not that anyone probably noticed, but my webserver's been down since last weekend. Removing windows and trying to reclaim the space it took was much more difficult than I expected. Primary reason being Partition Magic didn't like ReiserFS. So after a few fail runs, I decided to completely wipe off the harddrive and reinstall the OS. Not a bad idea on paper. I forgot how hard it is to install any OS on that machine. . . for some god forsaken reason, it doesn't like having an OS installed on it and will crash no particular reason as different points of the install. Took about a day and half of rerunning the installer before I finally got it to swallow Mandrake 10. Didn't get a chance to complete the install, so this weekend it configure the webserver weekend.

Also got a new DVD burner. Got sick of my old burner not burning at 2x. Plus I wanted to be able to burn dual-layer discs. So, I got myself a new 16x DVD-burner to install and test this weekend.

Parts from NCIX for Greggu's beast machine will be picked up as well. Aside from assembling them, I also got a hard drive for the file server. Will probably start restructuring the machine over the weekend. . . so I can take one of the old drives out and try modding my XBox with it (running my XBox games from the hard drive is cool).

Am I going to get all this done over the weekend. . . I have this feeling that I'm not. I have this feeling I'm not going to get much sleep this weekend either.

By Ming - 1:58 p.m. |

Comments:
I have a laptop.

It's blue.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger