Sunday, November 28, 2004

Skype - Anybody out there?



Skype seems to be quite a useful little Voice-over-IP program. I'm certainly lagging way behind the techie avant-garde in trying it out, but it's quite a cool little app. It doesn't give me any of the problems that MSN Messenger and other programs that do VoIP have had. And the sound quality is pretty top-notch. Certainly better than the time Greg and I used iPhone to call each other from across the hall, and we were stuck in half-duplex mode and he could hear himself through my speakers.

They also have a deal where you can dial out to regular phones for ridiculously low rates, like 1c/m to Mexico (or 1/10th of that if it's Mexico City)

Definitely worth downloading and checking out.

By al - 11:54 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger