Friday, November 12, 2004

Jane Austen

From a comment I left on amyt's blog.

My entire time growing up I never touched any of [Jane Austen's] books. The reason? Because my sister loved them. The two of us didn't read a single thing that we knew the other had liked, because it couldn't possibly good if the other one liked it. Then just a few years ago, she called me up to tell me how much she loved Lord of the Rings, she had read the whole thing without telling me, because she wanted to find out if it was good before she would admit to giving in and reading my favourite books. After that I admitted to her that I had really liked reading her copy of Pride and Prejudice that she had left in her room. After that we gave each other lists of things to read.

By al - 8:05 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger