Thursday, November 11, 2004

Daily complaint by Sabrina

Wow. Sometime I wonder if their is ever good new to tell? Today has super busy at work. Which may have made me a bit tense for what has occurred today when I got home. My roommate is very upset about the parking situation in front of the building. To the point he ranted and raved about for some time. The situation is quite bad. It looks like the land lord is trying to cause fights between tenants. I would really like to avoid this problem so I drafted a letter.



Dear Neighbors.

It has come to my attention that we are wrestling with some severe parking issues. From what I understand we have two building which are sharing the one parking area. There appear to me more vehicles then there is parking space available. I am quite sure alone I would be unable to develop an answer to this difficulty. But I am quite sure compromises can be reached should all the current tenants work together.

There are many stories which I have heard to date on the parking. The stories come from many sources. Our land lord wants to believe that there is more parking available than their truly is. It is also my understanding, that come November 15, parking on the streets will no longer be an option. This makes our situation urgent and in need of resolving as soon as possible.

Here is what I know about the situation. Those who know more are welcome to share their stories. My roommate and I were promised a very specific parking space. This has been written in our rental agreement. To date we have had our space blocked as a result of a tree being cut down and our space given to another person by the land lord. The people below us were promised two parking spaces in when they chose to move in. It is my understanding that they do not have any parking available to them at this point. I am also aware that a third tenant who has had a specific parking space for some time has come home after late night shifts to find some one else’s car in her space.

The fact that our land lord chose to give the parking space which is in our rental agreement to another tenant suggest to me that he may be attempting to pit one tenant against another forcing the problems between neighbors. It also suggests to me that our landlord does not care about legal signed documents. I personally do not want this to become an issue. I truly wish for all the tenants in the two buildings to co-exist in peace.

I have a few thoughts on what would be necessary to help us resolve the difficulties we are currently facing. This however would require the help from all tenants. Our current parking situation is as such. We line up cars in front of the house. As I have shown in Diagram A. Although this is the most obvious position for our vehicles it may not be the best.


I suggest that perhaps we attempt to change the directions of our vehicles are facing as in Diagram B. If we are able to do this we can then place post numbering the parking spaces according to the unit which will be parking there. My attempt currently is to find a way we can allot one parking place for each unit. I am aware this is not ideal, however should their be people who do not have vehicles perhaps they would be willing to allow others to park in their designated space.

I cannot guarantee that the specification that I have suggested will work. We will need to do some measuring. Please take my suggestions into consideration. I am willing to hear other suggestions if they exists. Thank you. A concerned resident.





Okay so the dia grams will not copy inot the blog. I guess it doens't reconize the drawing program I was using.
anyway.....












By Sabrina - 1:05 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger