Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Something for Audiophiles

I got sick and tired of my MP3 mix and I really needed to shake things up. Usually I just take the MP3 disc for the car, remove tracks that have grown stale, add my new tracks, and then reburn the disc. Only this time, pretty much everything went stale at the same time. Maybe I should lay off the JPop for a while :-) Ditched pretty much my entire playlist and spent a few hours going through my archives for some good tracks i haven't heard in a while. Hopefully that lasts me for a while.

Anyways, back to my original topic. All this new mixing means I'll listen to more music at work. Music at work means playing music on the laptop. The laptop has crap for speakers. I got great headphones, but they don't help when the soundcard's junk. So, I got the iZotope Ozone plugin for Winamp. I heard about when I was watching the Screensavers on TechTV and I decided to try it out. This thing is amazing! It's unbelievable how much better my mp3s sound with this thing turned on. Especially the homebrew mp3 I make from this internet radio station I listen to (which are pretty horrid quality if you ask me). I'd almost say it's as good as my home setup, which is pretty scary. I'm just running the Free version, but it does just about everything I need it to do. I probably wouldn't mind trying how much better the full version is, assuming I had 29USD to spend on stuff like that. They also have a version of the plugin for Media Player 9 for those MS-whores out there.

Check out iZotope Ozone here

By Ming - 11:00 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger