Monday, February 13, 2006

Memos: This is how we ball

  • Tomorrow is Valentine's day and I don't know of a single person who's planning on skipping out on the usual Tuesday silliness in order to do something romantic, even the multitude of happy couples that seem to be popping up all over the place lately. Even the act of trying to sound bitter about the whole fake holiday seems like unnecessarily giving the day attention it wouldn't otherwise get.

  • Can anyone recommend some interesting and well-written French-language blogs? They can be about any topic, I just want to get back into the habit of functioning in two languages equally well, so integrating that goal into my existing daily activities would seem sensible. All suggestions in comments will be welcome, and I'm going to search out someon my own as well, and hopefully make a post about what I find fairly soon.

  • I've come to the realization that I'm really really bad at name-that-tune type trivia if it isn't a song I own and listen to more than just occasionally. The most frustrating part is bbeing able to sing along to an entire song, know the music front and back, and have no idea which one-hit-wonder pop group or generic 90's Creed-alike band actually made the thing. That said, Sunday music trivia at Hunter's is still loads of fun to go to, and the actual trivia round where the host asks regular trivia-type questions about music is probably my favourite part.

  • For some reason Mozilla Firefox will reliably crash whenever I try to access an individual message in Hotmail or go to a Google Image Search results page. Thank G-d for Opera, to be sure. It seems to only happen on my PC, and I've tried completely removing it and re-installing.

  • David Emerson is taking the Republican strategy to dealing with scandal: loudly proclaim support for new rules outlawing what you've just been caught doing, and try to label yourself a 'reformer'. American voters are generally stupid and entrenched enough to fall for that garbage, with the media's help, but it seems like the Canadian media's love affair with Harper ended the second they smelled blood in the water after the cabinet announcement.

  • Taylor pointed me to a wicked split EP by Small Brown Bike and the Casket Lottery. After giving it a few listens I'd definitely recommend it even if it didn't have an amazing cover of Queen / David Bowie's "Under Pressure", which just puts it totally over-the-top. Go grab it if you like to say you have good taste in music.

By al - 6:27 p.m. |

Comments:
i love list style posts. i don't do them enough. every time i attempt one it always ends in a lame-o rant.

my next post will be list style.

..maybe..
 
I do these jumble posts just because I can't think of anything substantitive to say to be worthy of one long post on a single subject.

But when I do the list-type posts one thought tends to lead to another nicely and I'm not so afraid to just type. I like them.
 
If Firefox still crashes after a reinstall, chances are it's Windows. Try reinstalling that :-p

I'm actually quite surprised how quickly the Tories got into hot water and the general public woke up to it. Wondering how many people voted for the Conservatives solely because they wanted change and didn't look at their policies... I'm guess quite a few.
 
http://desertshore.free.fr/
 
http://www.utc.fr/rtgi/op2007/index.php?id=2

Voila une autre...avec des allures politiques. :-p

Jack W. Tweeg says:
anonymous? lame
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger