Friday, July 29, 2005

Dream Diary - Flying for Dummies Edition

dream

video game

in a house, bedroom. i turn into a bird of some kind. All I can see is that I'm small and that there's a beak in front of my face. Somehow, like in that old game heretic. I can peck at things but not much more. i get up to the ledge of a window, i pecked at the window a few times and it shatters. As I fall, I see rocks and the edge of an ocean below. I suddenly think 'if I don't start doing something I'm gonna get splattered'. So I just think 'ok, do something' and then I slowed down a little. I must be flapping my wings. I do it lots more and I go slower and slower and eventually gracefully land.

Then I'm walking around on the groundA flock of seagulls descends on me and then the scene goes dark.

Now the scene changes to a brightly cloured forest. I am a butterfly, but I can see myself this time. I learn to flap my wings, and jerkily move about. It feels like a video game. I get the hang of flyingfairly soon, and I can then go up to the tops of the trees and harrass birds.

I find myself flying down towards a small black hole. The hole gets bigger and bigger, and I end up inside a cave. There are fiery monsters moving slowly around the cave, but they don't notice me. I realize that because I'm a butterfly they don't even realize that I exist, because they don't know about butterflies.

The fire creatures look like silhouettes of a lobster that's standing upright and walking on two legs, but completely made of fire.

I go deeper into the caves, the passages get narrower and narrower. I can really fly well now. hen I come face to face with one of the fire creatures and the passage is too narrow to avoid it. We collide, all I see is orange, and then I wake up.
Technorati Tags:

By al - 9:52 a.m. |

Comments:
Nice dream, but I just can't get over the fact that you referenced the game Heretic.
 
I lost the game
 
I can't get over the fact that I dreamed about the game Heretic.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger