Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Racing and Tires

It's been a pretty busy month. Been playing hockey in a Summer league in Moncton 3 nights a week and either racing in Solo II or playing D&D on the weekend.

After the last Solo II event in Blissville (which I did pretty good in). I've come to the conclusion that I need R-compound tires. I'm impressed how well the Falken ZE-512's are holding out and the times I've been posting lately, but the ZE-512's are not track tires. When I decided to continue doing Solo II, I knew I'd have to get new tires as I would pretty much destroy my current ones racing. I've been wanting to get 17" rims for a while and I got a nice income tax return coming my way next year. So, I've been shopping around and this is what I got so far:

Street Configuration:
Falken Hanabi Wheels (Satin Silver, 17"x7.5", +42, 5/100 & 5/114.3)
Kumho Ecsta SPT (205/45R17XL 88W)

Race Configuration:
OEM Toyota Celica GT Wheels (15"x6", +39, 5/100)
Yokohama A032R-S (225/50R15 91V)

Winter Configuration:
Steel Wheels
Cheap Firestones with studs...

Falken wheels + Kumho Tires + Yokohama R-comp Tires + wheel locks for 17's = 2672.43 CAD (shipping and taxes in).

I'm going to keep the Subaru Legacy for another 2 winters (when I'll be done paying off the People's Celica), then I will trade it in for a 2-3 year old Corolla or something equivalent. I like the Corolla (especially the S). It looks nice, it's affordable, ~130hp, VVT-i, awesome gas milage, low maintenance, Toyota quality. . . . I'm still open to other vehicles, but a nice Toyota Corolla S with a manual transmission would be awesome.

PS: My mom is going to flip when she realizes I have 12 tires for 1 car and a basement full of tires.

By Ming - 3:12 p.m. |

Comments:
S-Rated Tyres!! WHooO!!
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger