Friday, April 29, 2005

Yeah, I Know. . . .

Yeah, I've been meaning to post. However priority wise, posting messages on a blog fall pretty low compared to work, filing my taxes, grocery shopping, and managing my budget. I guess D&D takes equal priority, so I was doing a bit of that last night :-p

I've been taking a Linux internals course at work this week. I could make some kernel puns related to task scheduling, pre-emption, interrupts, and time-slices, but I think even Al would lynch me. So I digress.

I was up until 2am watching a DVD. Took a while to get it to work properly on the laptop though. Couldn't get PowerDVD to display the subtitles and as I don't enjoy watching anime dubbed, that's a problem. After fiddling around with PowerDVD (it no work), discovered how much Windows Media Player sucks at playing DVDs (it sucks... hard!), downloaded a trial version of InterVideo DVD player. That one works, but it installs spyware and attempts to install a bunch of other crap like the Interactive software crap. As I have ZoneAlarm installed, everytime I start it up, I see it trying to call home. Windows Media Player 9 is pretty bad though. It tries to call home whenever it's done playing a media file (it's really frigging annoying). I was pleasently surprised that the disc works fine under Xine and Linux.

Counting the weeks until the construction guys break ground. For those I haven't mentioned this too, I'm building a house in Moncton. Yay for me. I'll post more about this later. In the meantime, ETA on ground breaking: about 2 weeks.

I think I figured out how to fix my linux/webserver problem. Involves some partition juggling/formatting/data moving, but the end result should be proper placement of my web data, more space for my user directory, less fragmented data. . . . and you guys don't give a rat's ass about what I'm talking about do you?

By Ming - 12:20 p.m. |

Comments:
What's the matter, couldn't find anything palacial enough? ;)
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger