Friday, April 29, 2005

WFMU - I've Just Found My Radio Station

Wow, I just heard back-to-back on WFMU's stream a death metal song, "Unas, the Slayer of the Gods" by Nile and the traditional American folk song "Lazybones" by the Mills Brothers. How cool is that? Gotta respect a DJ with as much musical ADD as I have and the freedom to indulge in it.

And before that he played a song from an album of punk song covers by Slayer. And before that a song by the Cramps, which followed a traditional Iraqi song called 'dance of the palms'.

The DJ is now saying how death metal is great to work by, because the 'cookie monster growling' vocals aren't distrcting and the drumbeats keep you caffeinated.

Speaking of metal at work, a guy in the office who is typically very into jazz music got into my iTunes shared yesterday and was really loving my Master of Puppets album. He's a bass player so I'm assuming Cliff Burton's bass lines in songs like Orion and Sanitarium stood out.

By al - 6:33 a.m. |

Comments:
Hmmm... isn't Unas an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh?

Yes, I'm full of boring and esoteric trivia.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger