Wednesday, April 20, 2005

New Word: Music Surfing

Music Surfing: v.: To listen to all of the 30-second samples from an album on the iTunes' Music Store Another great way to inflame my Nerd Attention Defficiency Disorder.

It's similar to the part in Microserfs where the housemates, who all work for Microsoft, don't have the time nor the attention to watch a movie the normal way, so they turn on the closed captions and watch it on fast-forward. Similarly you can get the gist of an album by hearing some key 30 second passage of each song.

The thing is, with an album like Weezer's blue album I have the thing pretty much memorized anyway, so all I need is the little cue and I'll have the song in my head completely anyway. So the result is the same.
Technorati Tags: , ,

By al - 10:18 a.m. |

Comments:
Just as one word or one second of a song can trigger the whole song, one phrase or vague allusion can trigger many memories... sometimes of a whole day.
 
But what's the new word?
 
Oops, made an HTML goofup. That's what I get for trying to be fancy.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger