Monday, March 14, 2005

Staying Humble: My Version Sounds Cooler Edition

OK, stragglers, time for a new semi-regular segment on this hard-to-find corner of the internets, “Staying Humble”, in which the writer admits to being not only wrong abot something, but so obviously wrong that it's embarrassing.

In today's episode, I admit that for the longest time after mis-hearing it once, I thought that the computer scripting language TCL stood for “Two Command Language”. ‘Wow,’ I thought, a language with only two commands? Damn that's cool. I should look into that sometime. But I never did. It wasn't until much later that I actualyl read the full name, “Tool Command Language”, which, while it makes more sense, is far less potentially universe-bending than my idea.

By al - 9:40 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger