Sunday, March 13, 2005

Dream Diary: Al: 1 - Rabbis: 0 Edition

dream
I am watching an episode of the trailer park boys and suddenly realize that it's being filmed in my grandparents' house. There's a scene that takes place in their porch and one that involves them going down the long driveway with ditches on either side and hitting the mailbox that's on the other side of the road at the end which Bubbles crashes his go-cart into.

dream
The scene is my parents' house, except that it's slightly different and appears to be some kind of inn. P is there either visiting or semi-working in a front desk area, as a haggard-looking farmer enters. Outside it is raining very heavily with thunder and lightning.

He asks if we've heard anything strange on the radio news just recently, we say ‘no’, and he says he's very concerned because his cow just gave birth to a calf that was completely red in colour, and he had heard ‘that that might be kind of important.’ The lights are continually dimming, and the weather continues to get angrier.

My advice to him was not to tell anyone, that if it truly was an important sign of a world-changing event, that event will happen anyway, but that if instead some people would latch on to a possibly random event as a sign of some large change then that would disrupt the world and cause some artificial shift in events that might cause great harm.

dream
Sitting in the back of a car, with A. I haven't seen A in years and I'm kind of nervous. But she's acting like we talk all the time. This feels more right to me. I ask A how her job is going; “It sucks and I want to quit” was the matter-of-fact answer. Oddly, this also felt like the way things should be. No one likes their jobs, what kind of a freak likes even the idea of being made to work for someone else?

Then I think ‘Can I get her a job?’ (at some undefined place I'm connected with, for legal purposes having nothing to do with the place I work at in real life.) and then I think ‘wait, how can I offer to someone to be the source of their soul's slow death through monotony? How is this different than the noxiousness of working for anyone else except that I am taking advantage of the trust of a friend?’

Then A says “Stop worrying so much, let's get the most unhealthy fast food we can find and pretend we can pause that moment forever.”
Technorati Tags:

By al - 11:27 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger