Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Memos: One day like the next edition

  • Everyone should go watch the latest Strong Bad Email, Best Thing, (H*R Wiki entry) especially if you are a fan of 80s superhero cartoons.
  • I mentioned this in a comment below, but if you are on Mac OS X, the best multi-protocol IM client is Adium. One of it's cool features is that it can speak the text of incoming messages. I like this because it means I don't have to switch windows to read every new message. It was also quickly used for trouble-making purposes around the office. “Alex eats boogers” done in the Bubbles voice being the pinnacle insult of the day.
  • The Apple Xserve is a beautiful machine, especially for the way you can just slide out its guts while it's still mounted on the rack. And the dual G5 processors are just lovely. Right now it's main job will be to replace a little G4 cube server that has actually done a wonderful job so far. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out some more intensive tasks for it sometime in the future. Meanwhile I'm eyeing the cube and waiting until no one's watching...
  • Never under-estimate the value of having an office with windows that open.
  • My dog's been jumping through a little gap in the back fence these last couple of days. I tried to watch her to see where she was getting out, but she knows she shouldn't be doing it so she wouldn't even go near it when she knew someone was watching her. I think in a lot of ways poodles are a little too intelligent. Plus her full-time job is thinking about stuff like that where I really don't pay much attention until I realize the dog isn't in the back yard anymore.
  • I just read a really excellent article on dominant dog training. The funny part is how instructive it can be in dealing with people that exhibit the same behavior traits, only replacing verbal and psychological cues for physical ones.)

By al - 9:46 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger