Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Back Online

Moved the computers to Moncton on Monday. Managed to fit all 4 computers plus my usual load of clothes and stuff in the Legacy and transport them to my sister's place. Got pretty much everything up Monday, except the router wasn't connecting to the WAN. After completely resetting the damn thing and flashing the firmware, I decided to just get a new wireless-G router. A few hours of reconfiguring and testing the network. The new Linksys router is nice. A lot easier to configure than the defunct SMC, though the GUI is a bit quirky. Everytime you do a setting change, it kicks you out and you have to log back in.

A better answer to Al's question: G is faster than B. B has better range than G. But G still works at O(house) so G is better for me.

A couple of minor things left to do though. dhis.org hasn't registered the new IP address. I think I'll just switch to DynDNS though. Try to get a more user-friendly name while I'm at it. Got a few things I didn't get done over the weekend due to the move, have to finish that up and resync some data. I forgot to bring paper for the printer. . . I might have to "borrow" a few sheets from work.

By Ming - 1:28 p.m. |

Comments:
Hmm.. Guess I'll stick with my -b setup then, since most of what I do is Internet and not accessing the local network 11Mb/s is plenty of speed.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger