Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Second, no egg nog. In fact, no nog, period

I'd just like to say that I get odd pleasure out of the fact I managed to snag one last carton of ADL egg nog at the grocery store yesterday.

Marge: Homer, didn't you get any milk? All I see is egg nog.
Homer: 'Tis the season, Marge! We only get thirty sweet noggy days. Then the government takes it away again.

Take that, secret arbiters of noggy delights!

And yes, I could make it myself, but I'd rather not be reminded what it's actally made of right before I drink it. My mother tells me a story of how the well-meaning but scary nurses at the boarding school she went to used to force-feed her egg nog because they thougth she was too skinny. And they would make it right in front of her, too. Ick.

By al - 1:13 p.m. |

Comments:
Milk is a disgusting secretion from a cow's bosom and eggs...well...I'll not get into that...and yet people love to drink a mixture of the two to celebrate the holiday season...never did make sense to me.
 
Funny, I would have thought mixing yellow eggs and white milk would produce the ultimate in beiginess.

But yes, in theory it is pretty gross. :)
 
1/2 egg nog + 1/2 whole milk = Holiday delight.. not too thick, not too thin and just the right flavor.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger