Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Reading Security Updates at 5:00AM

For some reason I've just woken up and it's only about 5:00AM. Being me, one of the first things do is grab my computer to put on some music or talk radio to lull me back to sleep. But I noticed that little update icon that means there are new Windows 2000 updates to install. Unfortunately, I wasn't reading straight and read the following warning:
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your
computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may
have to restart your computer.
As if it said:
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may
Windows-based system and gain control over it. You have to restart your computer.
And all I could think was “Why do I want to install this??”

By al - 5:26 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger