Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Job of a Software Architect

This thought came to me yesterday at lunch time after having one of those protracted arguments between developers and marketroids where the software architect (me) has to explain why that feature they seem to want is literally impossible to implement given that we are not 1) Microsoft or 2) working on a 10 year development schedule:

The job of a software architect is to burst as many bubbles as possible, as soon as possible.

I think that pretty much sums up half of what I do now.. the other half being trying to implement the rest of what is only marginally possible.

By al - 10:40 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger