Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Music At Work

I'm actually writing this post inside of an XML comment tag while at work.

I just wanted to make the observation that, aside from this little breeak, I seem to be much more productive when I have my headphones on. This is a little counter-intuitive because it is yet another sensory input.

But the thing is, when I have them on, I can't hear people's conversations in the background, and instead of just asking me random questions they'll use iChat which isn't too intrusive in my experience.

Which is good, because some of the random questions I've been asked today include: “Do you know where I can download the cartoon history of the United States video from Bowling for Columbine?”, “Seriously, though, how much do you weigh?”, and “are all those coffee cups from you?” I'd like to think my time is better spent doing up specifications for handling art resources rather than indulging people's curiousity about my strangeness.

I'd just rather stay focused on work. Then again, if I get on a rant about some political event or philosophical argument then work is going out the window for a while.

Thank the lord for iTunes' Chronix Aggression radio channel, and all their classical stations, especially WCPE. (yes, I have a wide musical taste)
Technorati Tags: ,

By al - 4:46 p.m. |

Comments:
I realized this a long time ago. You can get some awfully inane conversations around the office. At my last employer, that was pretty bad. . . fun, but bad for productivity. As I usually walked in to work late back then, I found I got most of my work done when most of the office left. Headphones were good when you have a deadline coming up :-p
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger