Sunday, November 14, 2004

This is something I won't normally do!

I have never been an expert on music and I sure I never will be. Music geeks spend too much time chatting about details of music I can't even hear...I am tone deaf after all. But I do know what I like and I like this guy.
Mark Bragg is a Canadian musician. I want to say that he was born in Newfoundland but that would be a guess. As I know he lived there for a very long time. I use to watch him while I was doing my Masters at MUN. I think I have been to 15 or 16 of his shows. Including time when he was part of my favorite Newfoundland band "Skank". I now have his latest album "The reckless kind" and if anyone is interested I am more than willing to have people over to listen as long as the roommate is not sleeping.
If you are so inclined you can join the mailing list and get 2 free down loads. The down loads for free. It would be kind of nice if you we can get him to come back this way for a show or two. My head thinks (and maybe wrong) that the more people I can get into "Mark Bragg and the black wedding band" around here the more often he might come this way for a show or two. I missed his last Charlottetown appearance which was the day before my birthday :(. I didn't hear about it. My own fault for trusting a mailing list and not checking the website on any kind of regular basis. But checking to day I read the band is recording a new album. (yeah....I can't wait)
Music Geeks enjoy, and the rest of us too:)
( if you can see it Mark Bragg in the fourth line is a link. It maybe my computer but the links are hard to see with my post :| )

By Sabrina - 9:56 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger