Sunday, November 14, 2004

Stupid Pet Tricks: Part III

My dog won't get up if you start pushing her along the floor, she'll just keep lying there and go with it. So next time I give her a bath I'll use her to mop the floor afterwards.

I've noticed that she responds to hand signals much more readily and quickly than to voice commands. Probably because we're constantly talking to whoever, but she can easily tell when I'm looking right at her and moving my hand a certain way. Mostly this discovery came from how she eventually got the message when I would point at her blanket and tell her to stop bugging me. Now I can get her to go sit where I tell her, to go outside or lie down. Trying to get her to roll over, but she's not really one for tricks, at least not inside the house.

She's still got the weird but not unwelcome split personality, totally docile when inside, full of energy and trickiness when out playing at the off-leash park or when out for walks.

She's almost too well-behaved, though. Like a stepford pet.

By al - 8:03 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger