Tuesday, October 26, 2004

DS = dating sim

What the deuce? I never thought I'd see Japanese dating sim type games make it across the pond, but Sega and Ubisoft are releasing them for the Nintendo DS.

I dunno if this'll sell. I mean, train sims, horse racing games, and pachinko games sell a shitload of copies over there but that doesn't mean we're all that eager to play em.

Note to Nintendo: Find better launch titles or at least give me a compelling reason to shill for 2 screens.

By TVT - 3:17 p.m. |

Comments:
Those dating sims are ridiculously cheap to produce, might as well give it a try once, if 'the bachelor[ette]' can be a hit TV show there might be a few people who'd buy it. Dumb move not to try at least once, especially on a low barrier-to-entry system like the Nintendo portable.

I'm holding out osme hope that Nintendo and other developers will actually try a few original ideas out on the DS, given that it won't be the platform for polygon count dick-waving contests.

Nintendo is surely solidifying the japanese market appeal for this thing, NA / Europe are probably more of an afterthought.
 
I'll give anything a try. I just don't think we'll see a huge fan base for this genre. Donkey Konga, Gitaroo Man, Parapa the Rapper anyone? Though I must concede Parapa had its moments.

As I ponder rubbing some chicks nipples on the DS's touch screen... O_O*

Whose up for some Evangelion: Steel Girlfriend?
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger