Monday, October 25, 2004

Exciting day at work

To day seemed like a fairly average day for the place. The morning swept by. I worked up some smelly chemistry extracting my product from water once I retrieved it from the walk in fridge. I was cold. I played with the Big magnet and then wondered off to lunch. I made a salad. It always takes me for ever to eat a salad, there is way more chewing involved than a sandwitch.
The after noon was busy. I was trying to run two reaction that had similar conditions, except one component, were the molar content of one reactant in solution A was twice that of B. However in the middle of all of this a fire alarm goes off. I thought some one had triggered it again and we would only be outside for a moment. Not the care. Real fire in a dryer of some sort. We sat outside for over an hour freezing in our paper thin lab coats. Then when we were allowed back in we were told to leave asap because the sprinklers were no longer working. So I set up my reaction at record speed and left.
It was an interesting day.


It occurs to me, if that fire had not been contained half of charlottetown would have to be evacuated and I probably would never know what hit me....It's a good thing my imagination doesn't run away with me.

By Sabrina - 5:19 p.m. |

Comments:
Sooooo... despite the fact that your sprinkler system isn't working, they still allowed you go set up a chemical reaction, and then leave it????


/feeling safer.
 
Naturally....If we didn't we would loose time and therefore money, what do we need charlottetown for anyway?
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger