Monday, October 25, 2004

Where's my poppy coin?

Why am I reminded of that old Saturday Night Live sketch on unsafe toys with Dan Akroyd?


Swiped wholesale from Family Guy

Brian: “Yeah, about your pamphlet… Ahh, I’m not seeing anything about German history between 1939-1945, there’s just a big gap.
Tour Guide: Everyone was on vacation! On your left is Munich’s first city hall erected in 15…
Brian: “Wait, wait, wait, what are you talking about? Germany invaded Poland in 1939
Tour Guide: “We were invited! Punch was served! Check with Poland!”
Brian: “Well you can’t just ignore those years, Thomas Man fled to America because of Nazism’s strangle-hold on Germany”
Tour Guide: “No, he left to manage a Dairy Queen”
Brian: “A Dairy Queen, that’s preposterous.”
Tour Guide: “I will hear no more insinuations about the German people! Nothing bad happened!


I have yet to play any of the current fad of Vietnam flavored 1st person shooters. Though I am intrigued by re-enacting the Vietnam War in a grisly pantomime by killing my countrymen. Hmmmm... Until then, you'll see me standing in line at the Toys R Us for the Charlie Gook action figure with rice eating action(tm).

By TVT - 1:11 p.m. |

Comments:
Well, the ones who most frequently re-enact civil war battles are outhern USians, perhaps they think if they keep doing it over and over, as closely as they ca make it to the original, that it will somehow come out differently.

And yeah, these are the people who will be responsible if GW Bush gets re-elected.
 
After clicking the link..

umm... that's pretty disgusting. I'm guessing that calling the figures 'toys' as opposed to whatever it is Comic Book Guy would insist I call them is a stretch made by the reporter to get a more sensational story. (from a Sun paper? i'm shocked..)

But having SS dolls in a toystore is fucked, how many kids are busting down the doors looking for those anyway?
 
The funny thing is this story only pops up near X-Mas time. They've had faithful recreations of soldier figures for years for the (I don't know the proper term so I'll call em Adult GI Joe Collector) market.

So this lil fella probably isn't aimed at kids. But I'd start to wonder if little Tuanny asked for a SS Commando with anti-semite action.

Heh, I just googled for Battlefield: Korea, and sure enough it exists.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger