Sunday, August 29, 2004

Someone Didn't Get the Memo

The trailer for Batman Begins is rather striking for one thing: it takes place entirely in broad daylight. This is Batman. Batman is not a creature of the daylight. A young, well-dressed ,broody kid watching his parents get killed? So Batman is Harry Potter now? I've already written about the emo-fication of Spider-Man, and now I fear they're doing teh same to Batman, only with a touch of gothiness thrown in.

OK, it's true I'm just disappointed that Darren Aronofsky isn't doing it anymore, but come on. Broad, bright daylight?

By al - 10:32 p.m. |

Comments:
On the contrary I thought it was good, seeing as it's a teaser and not the full blown meal deal trailer. As for the daylight thing, you're right, Batman does take place at night. However, Bruce Wayne and co. don't always work the late shift. The 60's run of comics, Adam West show, and Joel Schumacher films cared little for the night.

I'm glad they're emphasizing the Begins, 'Year One' aspect. For the 1st part of the film I don't expect him to be donning the cape and cowl. The casting for this film is excellent. Yay no more Clooney!

And Sam Raimi is the best thing to ever happen to Spidey, besides Mr. Lee of course.
 
Oh I'm still glad the movie is in much better hands than the previous few, and I'm curious what they'll do with it. But it is quite a departure :)
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger